In order to close a road in the Borough the contractor must:
1) Contact Public Works with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice. If working on a Monday, you must notify PW no later than 3PM on the preceding Thursday.
2) Contractor must notify the Parking Department 48 hours in advance for their No Parking Postings. If working on a Monday, you must notify Parking no later than 3PM on the preceding Thursday.
3) You must notify PW if emergency vehicles will have access
4) You must notify PW if it is a partial or full closure
5) Contractor is responsible for placing road closure signs out and responsible for flaggers if required
6) No closures can be requested the day of work unless a 100% true emergency
7) A copy of the approved and paid PW Highway Occupancy Permit must be on the job site.
8) Road Closures are permitted from 9AM – 3PM
9) If a state road, PADOT approval is required
** Please note, failure to comply with this policy will result in a shut-down of the jobsite.
*** Please contact Public Works at 610-696-5282 for a permit and the procedures.