Provide parking to residents living in a permitted area. All permits are nontransferable and must be placed on the drivers side (passengers seat) window, so that it is clearly visible to the Parking Enforcement Officers.
Vehicle Registration Modification for Residential Permit Requirements
The purpose of this modification is to provide students living in a Residential Permit Area the opportunity to purchase a permit. We have received several concerns from parents and students about their difficulty with meeting the vehicle registration requirement. Therefore this modification allows a student / resident using a parent’s vehicle to purchase a parking permit.
- Parent / Child relationship (Other family relationships may apply)
- Vehicle must have a PA license plate (This modification does not apply to vehicles with out-of-state tags)
- Copy of the vehicle registration
- The child must be covered under the parents insurance policy (Proof of insurance is needed)
- The parent and child must sign a borough Residential Permit Parking Affidavit (PDF) (The affidavit states that the parent and child are responsible for all borough tickets accumulated on the vehicle)
- Two current proofs of residency with child's name and borough address appearing on them
Non Residential Permits
These permits provide temporary parking for employees of businesses located in a residential permit area. Specific requirements apply.
This type of permit is for use by contracted "service providers" temporarily working in a residential permit area. Business permits may not be used to provide daily parking for individuals living or visiting an address in the Permit Area.
Temporary permits are issued to permit holders to accommodate temporary parking needs such as use for a rental car while vehicle is being repaired, or other special situation. There is no fee for temporary permits, but requests should be made with reasonable advance notice. Download the Temporary Permit Request Form (PDF) or contact the Parking Services Office for assistance.
Guest permits provide temporary parking for individuals visiting the permit holder’s address and must be hung from the rear view mirror facing out at all times while the vehicle is parked in a permit area.
Note: There are 2 types of Guest Permits.
Residential Guest Permit
- To buy this permit you must provide 2 current proofs of residence and vehicle registration information.
- A guest permit may not be used by the registered owner or any car owned or using, nor may it be used by anyone living at the registered address or in the permit area at another residence.
- Guest permit usage is restricted up to five consecutive days and within 2 blocks (per vehicle) of the registered address.
- A guest permit must be hung from the rear-view mirror facing out at all times while vehicle is parked in a permit area.
- Any "improper use" including counterfeiting, duplicating, or altering of the "guest permit" could result in fines, revocation of all permits including residential, and the registered owner being charged under the appropriate criminal statutes.
- Fines may not be withdrawn due to "improper use" or display of guest permits.
Professional Use Guest Permit
This permit provides parking for visitors of a business located in a Residential Permit Area. To buy this permit the business owner must provide proof of location in a permit area. (Specific Requirements Apply)
This permit provides parking for qualified individuals that reside or work in a permit area who used different vehicles. Specific requirements apply.