Provide parking to homeowners living in a permitted area. All permits are nontransferable and virtual. They will be tied to your license plate. If you change vehicles, you will need to purchase a new permit and deactivate your old one.
Student Rental Permits
Provide parking to residents living in a designated student rental within a permitted area. All permits are nontransferable and virtual. You must provide your license, registration, signed lease with terms & address clearly listed. Your landlord must have an active rental license and an updated tenant list, listing you as a tenant. If your property has off-street parking available, the Parking Services Department will calculate maximum number of tenants minus number of off-street parking spaces available and determine the number of parking permits available for your property. These will be sold on a first come, first served basis. These permits are the only exception in which the PSD will accept a license/registration that is not registered to the property for which they are applying.
Student rentals no longer receive guest passes.
Provide parking to residents living in a designated rental within a permitted area. All permits are nontransferable and virtual. You must provide your license, registration, signed lease with terms & address clearly listed. Your landlord must have an active rental license and an updated tenant list, listing you as a tenant. You must have your license and registration updated to reflect the address for which you are applying. No exceptions will be made.
Non Residential Permits
These permits provide temporary parking for employees of businesses located in a residential permit area. Specific requirements apply.
This type of permit is for use by contracted "service providers" temporarily working in a residential permit area. Business permits may not be used to provide daily parking for individuals living or visiting an address in the Permit Area. You must provide registration and insurance registered to a business for the vehicle.
Property Management Permit
This type of permit is for use by landlords or property management companies on behalf of property owners. Business permits may not be used to provide daily parking for individuals living or visiting an address in the Permit Area. You must provide proof of ownership of a property or a service contract for property management from the property owner. This permit is a hang tag available for shared use for properties with active rental licenses in order to allow for maintenance and service technicians to visit the property temporarily.
Guest permits provide temporary parking for individuals visiting the permit holder’s address and must be hung from the rear view mirror facing out at all times while the vehicle is parked in a permit area.
Note: There are 2 types of Guest Permits.
Residential Guest Permit
- To buy this permit you must provide 2 current proofs of residence and vehicle registration information.
- A guest permit may not be used by the registered owner or any car owned or using, nor may it be used by anyone living at the registered address or in the permit area at another residence.
- Guest permit usage is restricted up to five consecutive days and within 2 blocks (per vehicle) of the registered address.
- A guest permit must be hung from the rear-view mirror facing out at all times while vehicle is parked in a permit area.
- Any "improper use" including counterfeiting, duplicating, or altering of the "guest permit" could result in fines, revocation of all permits including residential, and the registered owner being charged under the appropriate criminal statutes.
- Fines may not be withdrawn due to "improper use" or display of guest permits.
Professional Use Guest Permit
This permit provides parking for visitors of a business located in a Residential Permit Area. To buy this permit the business owner must provide proof of location in a permit area. (Specific Requirements Apply)